From August 2017, change is coming to the South Western rail network. FirstGroup and MTR will deliver £1.2billion of investment and will improve the experience for customers, delivering better trains, more seats and quicker journeys.
Delivering better trains, more seats and quicker journeys
- Morning and evening peak seats at Waterloo boosted by 30% by December 2020
- A new fleet of 90 trains by December 2020
- Mainline journey times cut from December 2018
- More Sunday services to match weekday off-peak on most routes from 2018
Delivering better tickets and a better travel experience
- New innovative customer app with mobile ticketing
- Better Wi-Fi speed and coverage
- £90million in station investment
- At least 1,500 new car parking spaces
The South Western network is one of the largest in the UK, encompassing routes connecting London Waterloo with Portsmouth, Weymouth, Exeter and Bristol. The new franchise, a joint venture between FirstGroup and MTR Corporation Limited, will operate from 20 August 2017 until at least 2024.
If you have any questions about this announcement please email email@example.com.
For staff joining us from South West Trains, click here for more information