By 2021, FirstGroup will offer a new travel choice for passengers between London, north-east England and Scotland with great value fares and high-quality service.
- Five trains a day each way from London King’s Cross to Edinburgh, via Stevenage, Newcastle and Morpeth
- Average fares of less than £25
- On-board catering and free wi-fi in one high-quality class of travel
- Over 1.5m additional seats every year on brand new, state-of-the-art trains
- Seats reservable online up to a few minutes before departure
- First service of the day from London arriving in Edinburgh by 10am, one hour earlier than is possible now.
Choice for passengers
The new service will provide real choice for passengers looking to travel between London, north-east England and Scotland. Low fares will persuade passengers to make the switch to rail from coach or air travel, and business travellers will benefit from the first service of the day from London arriving in Edinburgh by 10am, one hour earlier than is possible now.
An experienced, award-winning operator
FirstGroup has extensive experience running award-winning, high-quality ‘open-access’ train services. The First Hull Trains service between London and Hull regularly receives amongst the highest customer satisfaction scores in the country – scoring 97 per cent in the Autumn 2015 Transport Focus National Rail Passenger Survey.
East Coast Trains Key Facts